Fecha de lanzamiento: 9 de noviembre de 2010
Género: Acción en primera persona
Modos de juego: Un jugador, cooperativo, multijugador (en línea, PlayStation Network, Xbox Live)
Plataformas: PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii.
Formatos: DVD, Blu-Ray, Steam
Web Oficial: Call of Duty: Black Ops - Coming 11.09.10Info MP (No confirmada oficialmente)En Call of Duty: Black Ops, la historia nos situará en plena Guerra Fría, donde participaremos en batallas clave de la época. El conflicto de Vietnam será el gran protagonista y culminará con el famoso asalto de la embajada iraní de Londres de 1980.
1) You only get two perks in mutliplayer, and this combination of perks determines your third perk.
2) There is a new armour system, e.g. Cold-Blooded and juggernaut are armours you can wear (not much detail given on this).
3) The FAMAS returns, but is no longer a 3-round burst weapon. Instead it is full-auto.
4) There is no M4. Instead another new gun mentioned seems like it will take its place, the SIG Commando.
5) Other new weapons confirmed include the RPK, Skorpion and MAC11.
6) There is no commando perk. (:])
7) The scavenger perk is included, but no longer replenishes equipment.
The One man army perk is also not included.
9) The highest killstreak reward (at this time in devlelopment) is 15.
10) There is no emergency airdrop, but there is a care package.
11) As confirmed before, killstreaks will not stack. For instance, if you get a 5 kills without dying and receive your killstreak reward, the kills you get with that killstreak reward will not count towards your next killsreak (e.g. 7 kill killsteak). You will have to get two more kills, in that instance, by other means to receive your next killstreak.
12) You can sprint to prone in the current build of the game. Basically this means you can dive straight on your belly after sprinting, instead of having to stop, crouch and than go prone.
13) The tactical knife is gone, while a new knife is being introduced: the ballistic knife. This is a knife that has a spring that can shoot a blade (in real life, not necessarily in the game).
14) The claymore is a piece of equipment, and you only get 1 per life.
15) Grenades are not considered equipment, and replenished by scavenger.
16) The M16 is in the game, and still a powerful weapon. (Or as Woody puts it, still the ****!)
17) The PSG1 sniper rifle is in the game.
18) UAV, airstrike and 3 types of helicopters are back as killstreaks. The Pave Low is confirmed as well, and has a feature unique to the game.
19) The SR-71 plane is also one of the killstreak rewards.* Vehicles will return, but they will be very different than those in Call of Duty: World at War.
* Co-Op is going to be four-player online stand-alone – a unique experience to the single-player. It also supports two-player split-screen.
* There is going to be a "Barebones" playlist which removes things like perks, attachments, killstreaks, etc.
* Treyarch is considering releasing a beta-build test, and has hinted that it is likely.
* Matchmaking is being changed so that it is easier for friends to play together.
* Some campaign levels will be based off of multiplayer maps instead of the typical vice-versa. This is because some multiplayer maps were made before the campaign was finalized.
* Create-a-Class 2.0 will allow players to customize their appearance in addition to their loadout.
* Player customization is a huge thing. They created more of a Create A Class 2.0, or honestly, it’s more like 5.0 but they've really blown the system out and you can really customize pretty much anything.
* Multiplayer is going to be very rich and deep. We’ve had a team working on multiplayer from day one, and it’s been huge. And so this time around we’re focusing on two main core pillars – socialization and customization. So the game will exist outside of the battlefield, so when you’re in the lobby and just chatting to your friends, or when you’re online or at work or whatever, the game exists in all these other areas, and we really want to cater to players who want to play with their friends or with a clan or create tournaments or leagues and they’re going to have tools and resources available to them to really focus on player socialisation.
* Host migration from MW2 will be included.
* Improved Server browser.
* PC version will have an anti-cheat program named Punkbuster.
* The customized killstreaks will return, but the game-ending Tactical Nuke will not. Kills earned from killstreak rewards will not count towards increasing a player's killstreak.
* The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 perk 'Commando' is not expected to return.
* The PC version of the game will feature dedicated servers.