Cita Iniciado por OpenWoW
Blizzard is attacking us. Its attacking us so badly that I fear, we cannot continue on this project. Those guys threatened almost every member of our team, and, since everybody knows that in court wins the one that has more money, they have signed some fascist agreement which says that they cannot do any further work on any WoW server. And since this is a collective work, we cannot continue on it since they broke the collective. There's a lot of fear, doubt and paranoia even amongst us since the contract they are required to sign requires to inform bliz about any further developement done by other team members, and also to give them any information they have on other team members.

This is an exact picture of what were happening in the USSR with the guys that were playing against the system. Our work is against the american money-making system. It's against the system that allows selling drugs, but prohibits distributing them for free. Games are just like drugs (that's a proven fact, especially for young people), the only difference is that you can quit when you're either out of money or of interest; for many people this lasts years; many years they have to pay. I must admit this kind of drugs is relatively cheap; thats not because game makers are so kind, but because the drugs they're selling are not very much addictive and if they ask too much, many will quit. Besides, this is a mass product and even if you charge one million people for a dollar, you got a million dollars.

Also I would like to point again that our work is LEGAL from the point of view of EU and other laws; the only questionable country is US -- because of DMCA, and other laws that were lobbyed by big software software companies in order not to allow concurrency from smaller groups of developers.

Note for bliz lawyers reading this: All this said is only MY OWN point of view. I haven't discussed this post with other team members as most of them signed your inhuman agreement.
No more to say...